Terms of Service
Take the time to read this over.
General Terms Applicable to Delivery of Roar Solutions Web Services
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING THIS CONTRACT FOR SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS HEREIN OUTLINED DO NOT CLICK THE ACCEPT BUTTON ON THE ORDER FORM. ACCEPTANCE OF SERVICES IS ACCEPTANCE OF THIS CONTRACT AND ROAR SOLUTIONS INC. RESERVES THE IRREVOCABLE RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICES SHOULD NO ACCEPTANCE OF THIS CONTRACT BE RECEIVED BY THE CLIENT TO ROAR SOLUTIONS INC. ACCEPTANCE BY EMAIL SHALL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE AS IF IN WRITING AND BE FINAL AND BINDING AND CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
The term "Client" as referenced herein shall apply to the full contact information as submitted on the Roar Solutions Inc. online order form.
The term "Roar Solutions Inc." as referenced herein shall apply to :
A limited liability company (incorporated April 26th, 1991 as 920771 Ontario Inc. amended in 2002 to Roar Solutions Inc. hereinafter referred to as Roar Solutions Inc. operating under the laws of the Province of Ontario and shall provide for the following indemnity with respect to all services provided herein (acceptance of this contract is an acceptance of this indemnity): In no way shall Roar Solutions Inc. be liable to the client or any third party of the client for any indirect, consequential, punitive or non-contractual damages or lost profits, claims or other resulting out of or associated with this agreement or any services provided herein that without exhausting the generality of the foregoing shall indemnify and save harmless the shareholders, principals and related corporate entities of Roar Solutions Inc. The client acknowledges and accepts advance disclosure of this liability waiver and indemnity to Roar Solutions Inc. it's subsidiaries and assigns and recognizes that the term "Roar Solutions Inc." as herein and aforementioned referenced shall apply to the full extent of this indemnity.
The term "Content Management System" shall apply to:
A section of the clients web site provided by Roar Solutions Inc. per an agreed to contract for services between Roar Solutions Inc. and the client whereby the ability to control content shall be controlled by the Client through a Content Management System accessible by any one on-line through input of the correct password and username. The Client is responsible for the maintenance and confidentiality of the username and password of the Content Management System. Any breach of use or distribution of the password to other third parties not party to this contract shall in itself be a breach of this contract rendering at the irrevocable option of Roar Solutions Inc. the right, without exhausting any further rights contained herein to terminate this contract.
Please note that the Roar Solutions CMS (Content Management System) is proprietary software and is not owned by the client. If a client wishes to leave the services of Roar Solutions the actual CMS codebase is not included. The client will need to work with their new provider to bring over any content and images they wish to their new website.
You agree to indemnify and hold Roar Solutions Inc.and its suppliers, affiliates, partners and employees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from any and all claims and demands, losses, liability costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees), incurred by an Indemnified Party arising out of or related to (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) any information submitted, posted or otherwise provided by you at your Website; (iii) any dispute or litigation between an Indemnified Party and a third party caused by your actions; and (iv) your negligence or violation or alleged violation of any rights of another. These obligations will survive any termination of your relationship with Roar Solutions Inc. or your use of our Service. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the foregoing indemnity will apply regardless of any fault, negligence or breach of contract of Roar Solutions Inc.and its suppliers, affiliates, partners and employees.
Limitation of Liability
Roar Solutions Inc. will not be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of use, server downtime, data center downtime, data or profits (however arising, including negligence).
The Hosting Service Account as referenced herein shall apply to the following services:
Virtual Server Hosting Account:
Your website will be hosted on our servers as a virtual server account including features from time to time added or deleted at the sole discretion of Roar Solutions Inc.
Roar Solutions Inc. maintains server services that currently provide an average overall uptime of 99% Network uptime and daily back-up. There exists times when server back-up and or access to server (times of maintenance and update) require a downtime access to server. Any maintenance downtime will be scheduled to occur in non-peak hours. The client agrees to indemnify and save harmless Roar Solutions Inc. from any and all third and direct party obligations as a result of server downtime which for all intensive purposes shall apply for loss of storage data, email access, database content and or transfer interruption during such times.
Content Management System:
Roar Solutions Inc. shall provide the client a section of their web site (unless service provided by Roar Solutions Inc. is limited to a hosting only account) that shall contain a "Roar Solutions Inc. Content Management System" enabling the client through the Internet and an assigned username and password to control content (real time) to be displayed within sections of the web site. The client shall be solely responsible for any redistribution or third party accessibility by the way of the assigned username and password. In addition the Client shall be responsible for all content contained within said web site.
While our servers provide for daily back-up of data the responsibility of maintaining data back-up of all content, files and without exhausting the generality of the foregoing kb's of information shall be the responsibility of the client. If you plan to move your site to another provider or if your billing is not paid up to date, it will be the responsibility of the client to ensure that all data is transferred to a new webite or hosting provider. Roar Solutions will not be held responsible if your website is removed from our servers due to overdue account issues, that is the client's responsibility.
Data Storage and Transfer:
Your hosting account allows you access for storage and data transfer rates as outlined in your proposal for services. If client exceeds available storage/bandwidth space for their account, they will be charged the next level hosting package cost on the following months hosting bill.
Web Site Design Template:
Roar Solutions Inc. offers customizable website design templates. All website templates and other products are ready-made web designs, that can be used as a basis for fast and high-quality website solutions. The client will not have any exclusive license or ownership to any website templates or design concept unless specifically agreed upon in writing.
Please note, we do not guarantee or claim that our websites are in compliance with ADA, WCAG, Section 508, EN 301-549, AODA, HIPAA, GDPR, COPPA, FERPA, FEHA, UNRA, ATAG, CVAA. If you need the website we design for you to have any of these compliance items it is your responsibility to notify us in writing before we start the design process (via email to email@example.com). Compliancy level items will be quoted seperately and will involve much more time to complete and might not always be doable. We will not be held liable for any website violations that might be imposed on you or your business via 3rd parties.
Web Stats and Measurement:
The Client shall have access to server-based traffic measurement as provided by Roar Solutions Inc. for the measurement of web site statistics of www.YourDomain.com. Roar Solutions Inc. irrevocably reserves the right to upgrade these services.
We agree to respect privacy of email communication sent, limited only to our rights for disclosure under law. The Internet is a public domain and while we shall strive to provide secure access we shall not be liable for any propagation of email or content to non-related third parties deriving access without our control or approval to any messages disseminated though our server for or on behalf of our Client. Please view our AUP (Authorized Useage Policy) for email accounts.
• For security purposes, you should keep Account Access Information in a secure location and take precautions to prevent others from gaining access to your Account Access Information.
• You agree you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your customer number/login, password, credit card number.
• You agree you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
• You agree to notify Roar Solutions immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
• You agree Roar Solutions will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account Access Information, either with or without your knowledge.
• You further agree you could be held liable for losses incurred by Roar Solutions or another party due to someone else using your Account Access Information.
• You agree that you will be responsible for all activity in your account, whether initiated by you, or by others on your behalf, or by any other means. Roar Solutions specifically disclaims liability for any activity in your account, whether authorized by you or not.
Roar Solutions, when setting up email accounts, will provide you with a temporary email password that you can use or you can change your password as needed via our webmail interface. You are 100% responsible for ensuring that your email account password is not given out to others. As well we will not be held liable or responsible if your email account login details are inadvertently changed or sent to 3rd parties due to email phishing techniques (i.e. you receive an email and are tricked into providign login details). We implore you to always have anti-virus software running on your systems and devices.
The following is intended to supplement the Roar Solutions Billing Policy by providing a context for it, without conflicting therewith:
Authorized Credit Cards for Payment of Website Development and Hosting
• Roar Solutions will accept payment for website development/monthly ongoing hosting by VISA, MASTERCARD or AMEX. Yearly payments of hosting can also be made by cheque sent to our Ontario, Canada Main Office location:
23 Ottawa Street
St. Catharines, ON
• 100% of one time web setup fees are due before commencement of project.
• Cancellation of any projects is subject to payment of % of completed project + $100 administration fee.
• Monthly hosting is billable at the start of the month of each month for upcoming hosting cycle.
• When you first signup with Roar Solutions, the next month (1st of the month) you will be billed for hosting regardless as to whether your website is 'live' or not. We are activating your hosting account and your account is now part of our server resources, backups and server monitoring.
• Client is responsible for first and last month hosting fee on first invoice, and all subsequent monthly hosting payments. PLEASE NOTE -- we automatically follow up each month via email to remind you your hosting account is due. You have 30 days to bring your account up to good standing or it goes into a suspend mode on our servers. You won't be able to use your site or email acccounts at this point. We will call and follow up by email to confirm you account one final time after the 30 days has expired and then close your account. We are not responsible to keep any website files, images, emails, or any other data related to your account. Once your account is removed from our servers, we cannot retrieve this information, so it is imperative that you download your website and email account information before your account is shut down.
• Roar managed domains will be automatically renewed on your behalf, with renewal fees applied to the credit card on file.
• To cancel the renewal of a Domain Name please contact Roar Solutions not less then 60 days prior to the expiry of the Domain Name.
• Roar Solutions does not purchase privacy protection by default when we purchase a new domain name or renew domain names on your behalf. If you wish to also have privacy protection for any domain names we purchase or renew on your behalf you need to explicitly stipulate this to us. The cost for privacy protection is an extra $30/yr/domain name
• Domain Names are purchased or renewed for a term of two years. Longer terms are available upon request.
Ongoing Web Hosting Fees
• Hosting fees are payable monthly or annually in advance. You will be billed last months hosting when you first open up your account with Roar Solutions.
• If we cannot process your monthly web account/hosting fee (e.g. declined credit card/bounced cheque), it will be your responsibility to contact Roar Solutions to update your account with us BEFORE the next billing cycle (i.e. the 1st day of the next month). This will ensure your account stays activated.
• Monthly hosting for months that we cannot process your payment will still be owing to Roar Solutions with interest on late payment calculated at 10% per month.
• Monthly website fees must be received within the first 5 days of the month. If we do not receive this from you, you will be contacted by our customer support staff once by email and once by phone to remind you about your past due account. At the end of the month, your site will be suspended. This suspended mode will leave your website unreachable by the general public.
• After 30 days of suspension Roar Solutions will terminate your website and email completely from our servers. If you pay your outstanding balance after this point, your original website will not be available for relaunch. To get a new site launched, you will have to pay the initial design fees once again. Paying your bills in a timely manner is critical to ensure that your original website stays activated on our servers.
• Roar Solutions Inc. reserves the right to terminate services at any time for non-payment of fees due on account.
• PLEASE NOTE -- to reactivate your website and email (within the 30 day grace period), you will need to have your account paid in full and pay a $50+GST re-activation fee. Activation and set-up fees are non-refundable.
• Interest on late payments shall accrue at the rate of 10% per month.
• A $50 fee shall apply for any NSF cheque received by Roar Solutions Inc. from the client.
• Monthly web hosting fees shall continue until termination of the Agreement.
• In the event of default of the terms of this contract for services Roar Solutions Inc. reserves the right (acting without prejudice) to withhold domain DNS transfer until such time as all outstanding items are paid in full with penalties and interest.
• At such time when the hosting of a website ceases, Roar Solutions Inc. removes all information (files, database, images etc.) from our servers. Please note that if you wish to move your website to another provider, then they will have to manually save each website page on your own computer. This ensure that you have a record of your website. Roar Solutions WILL NOT be held responsible for past due accounts that have had their website files removed off our servers. These site are removed to ensure our server space is optimized. Roar Solutions WILL NOT transfer any proprietary code developed by our developers.
• Your web hosting account provides for a pre-defined amount of storage space and data transfer. Any excess in use of space over that allocated under Data Storage and Transfer at the then current rate charged by Roar Solutions Inc.
• Appropriate Taxes will be charged where applicable by Roar Solutions Inc.
• You MUST contact Roar Solutions in writing within 5 business days of the next months billing cycle. You must submit your cancellation request via email (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel your website, email account or other services or you will continue to be billed according to your existing payment schedule with Roar Solutions. We will not accept cancellations via the phone.
• It is your responsibility to submit your cancellation in a timely fashion to us in writing - preferrably via email. If you do not inform our team via email to email@example.com and you indicate that for instance you "wished" to cancel your subscription in a previous or earlier month but forgot we will not be able to reimburse you unfortunately. If there is no cancellation notification to us we continue to provide the needed servcies to keep your account going which includes but is not limited to, suppport time for our team, server allocation of HD space, bandwidth and server resources, server security patches and updates. Thus we would have provided services and therefore no refunds would be issued.
• For security reasons, Roar Solutions may contact you by phone to verify your cancellation email to us.
• Roar Solutions Inc. reserves the right to terminate services and withhold domain name information if fees for all services provided by Roar Solutions Inc. have not been paid in full in advance of early termination.
• Any breach of this contract and Roar Solutions Inc. shall have the irrevocable right to terminate services.
• Should Roar Solutions Inc. elect to cancel the provision of services offered it may do so at it's sole and irrevocable option at any time during the course of this contract, by providing 30 days advance notice to the Client of intent to terminate services or a portion of services offered. This gives you 30 days opportunity to download their web and email resources and transfer to another hosting provided if you choose.
• Roar Solutions is not responsible for transfer or setup of your website in a new hosting environment.
• Roar Solutions is not responsible for transfer or export of your emails or email contacts from our web based email system. If your account is cancelled, we will not be able to retrieve website or emails/email contact information. .
• For our SEO services there is a minimum 6 month contract. It is your responsibility as the client to inform us if you wish to cancel your SEO services after the 6 months is over. If we do not receive a written cancellation notice we continue to provide that service ongoing each month and will invoice your account accordingly.